- About Us
- Curriculum Framework
- Accreditation Tools ~ NEW!
- Critical Reflection Tool
- Good Practice Case Studies
- Resource Hub
- Slice of LIME Seminars
- LIME Newsletters
- ANZAHPE Journal
- LIME Connection VII ~ NEW!
- LIME Connection VI
- LIME Connection V
- LIME Connection IV
- LIME Connection III
- LIME Connection II
- LIME Connection I
LIME Connection III Recommendations
1. That Universities develop an articulated and shared vision across the whole of faculty with regard to Indigenous health. This should be supported by a strong curriculum to be led and overseen by the Dean and supported with adequate resources and time within teaching schedules.
2. That engagement and training of clinicians who are working with medical students should be prioritised to ensure continuity of teaching and learning around Indigenous health. The conference recognises that the vertical integration of Indigenous health curricula into postgraduate training is essential to improving the health of Indigenous people.
3. That recruitment pathways into health disciplines should be innovative and widely promoted to Indigenous school children and communities. Training Indigenous doctors is seen to be of high importance by the conference and adequate student support throughout tertiary training is seen as crucial to ensuring student retention.
4. That models of partnership between medical schools and Indigenous communities and local Indigenous Health Services are given priority so as to optimise the way Indigenous health is taught within the medical curricula.
5. That Indigenous academic leadership needs to be prioritised and developed in a way that is sustainable, and has a broad health science focus, not just a medicine focus.
6. That mentorship and peer networks continue to be supported as there is an ongoing need for engagement and sharing between those in the field to ensure knowledge development and dissemination.
In conclusion, there is significant work still to be done across curriculum, student recruitment and retention, and the LIME Connection is an appropriate forum to support the realisation of these aspirations. The Indigenous Caucus is also an important forum and should be continued as part of future LIME Connections.